The library is open before (8:30 am - 3:30 pm), during and after school for your use. A librarian is available for most of that time to assist students.
- Students are not to remove any reference materials.
- Drinking and eating is not allowed in the library.
- Books can be checked out for three (3) weeks.
- Video’s and CD’s may be checked out for three (3) days
- Reference books may be checked out for one (1) period only.
- Articles and pamphlets from the vertical file may be checked out for three (3) weeks.
Fines on overdue material
- $0.25 a day on books and Vertical File material
- $0.50 a day on Videos and CD’s
- $0.50 a day on Reference material
Available to all students. Don’t forget to save your work in your student files.
Articles, pictures, etc. may be copied for projects. Colour copies are $0.25 a page.
There are several sections in the library:
- a non-fiction section of the library on the left hand side of the room including a cabinet for over-sized books and atlases.
- a fiction section on the right hand side of the room,
- a section of current magazines on the shelves in the center of the library behind the round counter of computers
- a magazine archive of back issues of magazines received at the school, on the back wall,
- a reference section also on the back wall,
- a video section is in a cupboard near the back door,
- a pamphlet file, also called a vertical file, is by the photocopier.
- Research in the CCHS library
- Credo Style Guide (PDF)
- CCHS Policy about the use of electronic resources for research assignments
- What's the difference between essays, projects, and reports?
- Web page evaluation checklist
Do you have a question or request? Send an email to the librarian.